- Experience: At least 5 years providing counseling services to diverse populations
- Education: A master’s degree or above in counseling, psychology, or social work
- Certification: Licensed Professional Counselor, Licensed Clinical Social Worker or equivalent by the State of Texas.
- Love for Christ, as demonstrated by a mature and growing relationship fueled by bible study and prayer,
- Love for all people, evidenced by the operation of the Fruit of the Spirit, and
- One who exhibits spiritual maturity and consistently demonstrates integrity and confidentiality.
Essential Job Requirements
- Operate according to the word of God,
- Provide a continuum of mental health care from intake and diagnosis to discharge,
- Collaborate with clients to create individual treatment plans,
- Provide individual, group, and family counseling sessions, utilizing industry-approved modalities,
- Handle crises situations when required,
- Create and maintain appropriate client records,
- Ensure full compliance with regulatory guidelines for ethical, legal, and professional standards of practice,
- Annually review clinical issues to ensure alignment with State regulatory body and program policies and procedures,
- Provide leadership in the mental health field for outreach and support to churchwide initiatives regarding mental health,
- Participate in church committees and initiatives as requested, and
- Attend staff meetings as required.
Work Schedule: Part-time flexible, as some sessions may be held during the day and others in the evenings and on Saturdays, depending upon need.
Job Classification: Salaried