Statement of Faith on Marriage and Sexuality
STATEMENT OF FAITH ON MARRIAGE AND SEXUALITY
“We believe that God has established marriage as a lifelong, exclusive relationship between one man and one woman and that all intimate sexual activity outside the marriage relationship, whether heterosexual, homosexual, including but not limited to fornication, adultery, incest, pedophilia, polyamory, bestiality, lewd conduct, transgender behavior, or otherwise, is immoral, inconsistent with the teaching of the Bible and the Church, and is therefore sin (Gen. 2:24-25; Ex. 20:14, 17, 22:19; Lev. 18:22-23, 20:13, 15-16; Matt. 19:4-6, 9; Rom. 1:18-31; I Cor. 6:9-10, 15-20; I Tim. 1:8-11; Jude 7)
“We believe that God created the human race male and female and that all conduct with the intent to adopt any gender other that one’s birth gender is immoral and therefore sin. (Gen. 1:27; Deut. 22:5).”
We believe that the Church is called to teach and practice these teachings and is not at liberty to depart from them for a different authority if the Church is to authentically bear the name “Christian”. As a result, in order to maintain our consistent Christian witness, we cannot sanction, approve, affirm, or promote, in any way, any of the aforementioned lifestyles or behaviors.
We believe that God loves all sinners, died for all sinners, and his grace extends to all sinners, including who are caught up in the homosexual or transgender lifestyles. We further believe that God calls us to love, respect, communicate and demonstrate His grace and love to all people, including those who may be involved in the aforementioned lifestyles. However, when the scriptures teach against other philosophies, belief systems, conduct or behaviors, we must speak the truth with respect to such matters, but we must do so in love.
CHURCH POLICIES AND PRACTICES
- It is the policy of this church that all members, clergy, ministers, deacons, trustees, auxiliary heads, employees, or any other leaders shall affirm and practice the Statement of Faith on Marriage and Sexuality, adopted by this church.
- It is the policy of this church that all property, belonging to, or leased by this church shall only be used to promote its religious purposes, and used consistently with the doctrinal beliefs of the church. Therefore, the property or the facilities of the church may not be used for any activity, program, service, or ceremony, which in any way approves of, solemnizes, supports or allows same sex marriages, activities or events that violates the above-referenced Statement of Faith on Marriage and Sexuality.
- It is the policy of this church that all activities, programs, services, ceremonies, or outreach activities conducted on church property or conducted in the name of the church shall be conducted consistent with the doctrinal beliefs, including the Statement of Faith on Marriage and Sexuality.
- It is the policy of this church that no member of this church shall enter into such a marriage or engage in any activity or behavior that would violate the Statement of Faith on Marriage and Sexuality or this policy without being subject to church discipline.
- It is the policy of this church that no pastor, clergy, or church staff shall enter into such a marriage, or officiate at any ceremony designed to solemnize, promote, create or approve of such same-sex marriage, or otherwise, engage in any activity or behavior that would violate the Statement of Faith on Marriage and Sexuality. Clergy or ministers employed or affiliated with this church shall be subject to dismissal and/or loss of ordination for violating this policy or by officiating at a marriage ceremony that violates the letter or the spirit of this policy. Any Clergy or Minister not employed by this church shall review and affirm the church’s Statement of Faith on Marriage and Sexuality and this Policy, agree to abide thereby, before being allowed to perform a ceremony, services, or activity using the church’s facilities.
- It is the policy of this church to recognize civil government’s sanctioned marriages only to the extent that the marriage is consistent with the definition of marriage as defined in the Statement of Faith on Marriage and Sexuality.
- It is the policy of this church not to ordain, license, or affirm for ministry any person who accepts same-sex marriages, homosexuality, or the transgender lifestyle, or otherwise engage in activity or behavior that would violate this Statement of Faith on Marriage and Sexuality.